Minneapolis is a thriving metropolis full of culture, outdoor activities, and more. With so many things to do, you might get overwhelmed choosing which sites to visit, especially if you are here for an event. We’ve created a list of five popular places/photo sites in Minneapolis. Check it out below:
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: Free admission is just the first bonus of attending the Mia. When you walk through the doors, you’ll be transported to a plethora of different time periods and countries all through the gorgeous art and sculpture collection they have curated. Plus, this museum is family-friendly, which makes it great for all ages! Not to mention the wonderful photo opportunities.
- Basilica of Saint Mary: As the first Basilica constructed in the U.S., this church is a must-see. Built-in the 1900s, the architecture is breathtaking, and the grounds are stunning. The Basilica is open daily and has activities and cultural events on top of Catholic mass services. Couples who choose not to get married at FIVE Event Center are often hoping to get married in a church. Basilica of Saint Mary is beautiful and located nearby.
- Guthrie Theater: Are you a fan of the performing arts? Then the Guthrie Theater is for you. This amazing studio host plays of all genres and time periods, and they also offer backstage tours on Fridays and Sundays. Experience the theater like never before when you visit Guthrie in Minneapolis!
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden: If you love the outdoors and art, head to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden! This 19-acre green space is full of fantastic sculptures and is also home to Cowles Pavilion & Regis Promenade and the Alene Grossman Memorial Arbor and Flower Garden. The Sculpture Garden also boasts many iconic and unique photo opportunities as well.
- Lake of the Isles Park: With gorgeous lakes, you can kayak on, fantastic ice skating rinks, fun outdoor activities, bird sanctuaries, golfing, and much, much more, you just can’t go wrong with Lake of the Isles Park. When you visit this one-of-a-kind park, you can have the entire crew entertained all day (or even all week) long.
Whether you’re a couple looking for unforgettable photo locations, or attending an event and wondering what to do in the event of any downtime, there’s no shortage of wonderful places in Minneapolis to do both. FIVE Event Center is less than five miles to these destinations, and that means you can spend time at our event center and still have time to explore these popular sites. Inquire with FIVE today to book your next Minneapolis event and get started planning your next trip.